Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nudity: Not An Issue

It's an art. Err... The art of star-nakedness. Lol

Rather on nails, it's always a yes. I mean, nudes vary depending on you skin tone/color and undertone. See this.




It's deceiving which one looks just right on my skin color. Luckily, I belong to the neutral undertone family but still, some shades of nude doesn't fit well.

Pinkie: OPI Miso Happy With This Color --- Well, I'm NOT! From the formula, application and drying time. Maybe the color looks okay but in reality it's not. It has a touch of pink but darker than Samoan Sand. Rating: 1/5
Ring: OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square --- A vhtf shade. Surprisingly for OPI, it's not a sheer! 2 coats will be fine. Hmmm, it's close and I'm considering it. Rating: 3.5/5
Middle: Essie Topless & Barefoot --- The right one (imo). Essie had never been bad with formula and I love this shade and I love love love Essie. I might get another bottle for this one. Rating: 5/5
Index: Orly Pure Porcelain --- Another vhtf color and surprise from Orly. Opaque in just 2 coats. Even the brush is not a problem (which is usually Orly's fail). If I will refer on my skin color, I wouldn't say it's porcelain. When close up (third picture), it looks just a little bright. I think this one and MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 has the same shade. Rating: 3.5/5
Thumb: Zoya Kennedy --- Confusing. I thought it's a foundation. Deceiving. It looks perfect in picture but in actuality, it shouts BEIGE. I love Zoya as I love Essie because their formula is excellent, except  Zoya's drying time. Rating: 4/5

This is how they look in their respective bottles:



Over-all, I always love wearing nudes!

"Our admiration of the antique is not admiration of the old, but of the natural." ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment